Thursday 5 November 2009

Snap, crackle and pop !




Snap, crackle and pop !
A young man spits out,
Like a toad on the road,
Right in front of my friend and I.





He is young, homeless and

undoubtedly on drugs.

The look in his eye,

As if he's seen a ghost!



I take it personally,

and lash out verbally at my friend,

When we get home.





The young man reminds me of a town,

That is deserted, that doesent care.

Helplessly, I wish there was someone,

To intervene.



To stop violent and disorderly behaviour--

But he just walks away [normal ? its expected]



My ex was homeless--the father of my child.

I don't see him anymore,

But he's still around--putting me down, [real or imagined]

Rumours spread like wildfire in this town.



And I cry to my current partner

Although he wears a frown.

I cling for fear of being driven down the river,

And washed out to sea,

Until I drown.







It was 1990, I was in Leeds, visiting my sisters, Sue and Ann.

All day, talk of going out to a nightclub-- in town, an industrial warehouse, a factory for music, famous in the city.



But we did'nt go, Sues boyfriend said there was a party in a friends house. We went and the boys played heavy metal all night long. Thrash metal, turned up loud.



I got tired by 12, and by 2am, I was lying on the floor of the storeroom, shutting it all out.





Paris; I stood outside of the busy restaurant, and peered in. There was a live band playing, and people dining out'



I stared, but I did not go in. It was raining.





Sarahs, sister is so talented. In her shiny lime coloured shoes, sparkly jeans and diamante jacket, she looks so effavescent.

Working in fashion industry-she went to Indonesia, last time I heard.



Shes as different from Sarah, as the SW is to the SE, but shes certainly trying, and I think she polishes up as bright as a button.



Shes also perserving, and idealistic. She knows how to communicate, and can enthuse a crowd,

With her signature designs, looks and personality, I'm sure she'll go far.



Maybe a future, CoCo Chanel or Zandra Rhodes, in the making

No comments:

Post a Comment