Saturday 4 April 2009

4/4/09





Lamb chop boiled stew.


Trip to Germany-Nena-singer.


Wiesbaden when 15.





Onions,cabbage, potatoes and lamb chops--all boiled into a stew.


Southern Germany-Wiesbaden, glass factory. First time I recognise myself, my purpose.

An affinity with the German girl of the family whose home we stayed at. Bought the German magazine like our Smash Hits come Jackie.



Bratwurst sausages, Dad cooked, in a casserole, fresh from the supermarket.

We walked beyond the village,through fields of golden corn and arrived at a farm house. saw a pen of big rabbits. There was a German farmer and his wife. I managed to talk with them, as I was learning German in school.



The farmer and his wife were welcoming, warm and special.

Dad drove the car along the Rhein river. I'd heard that sirens lured unsuspecting sailors to their end along the rocks. I knew a few modern day ones like Nena Hager and Nena who had a big hit with 99 red balloons !

Mum had to replace the coffee jug as theirs accidently got broken. Frankfurt airport was modern. The exchange family was staying in our house in the Mumbles, Swansea.
Mum bought me Kim Wildes album,'Water on glass' whilst there.

I had a great feeling, as I was not quite grown up and not quite teenager, I was somewhere in the middle and it made me feel great; as if on the point of liberation, like when the Berlin wall came down !

No comments:

Post a Comment